Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cedar Point

In leui of my new job we decided it would be a great time to get out of Indiana and do something FUN! before I had to enter the work force. So we headed off to Sandusky, Ohio to conquer some coasters at Cedar Point. Originally it was supposed to be me and Jonathan and my bro and his girlfriend Nicole. But OF COURSE Bon Air called on Friday and said I had training the EXACT same days we had reservations to go the next week. Sooooo we had to do some quick rearranging and my bro and his little hunny couldn't get off work. I was soooo bummed and had looked forward to go with my bro....but luckily Jonathan's brother and two friends got to go.

We went last Sunday and Monday and hit up all the major coasters plus spent some good quality time at the swim-up bar in the water park. Oh the joys of being of legal age! My personal favorite was new "Top Thrill Dragster." This coaster shoots you from 0-120 mph in four seconds straight up at a 90 degree angle.....and then straight back down going 120 mph at a 90 degree angle. Then the brakes come up and slow you down as quickly as possible. (They also don't tell you that you are going to be corkscrewing on your way up and down which I thought was the scariest part at those angles and speeds!) We conquered this bad boy in style....FRONT SEAT BOTH TIMES!! I even kept my hands up the entire second time, which proved to be quite difficult. We also of course hit the classics, Millenium Force, The Raptor, and the new Wicked Twister which I also highly recommend. I would not recommend however riding Snake River Falls....NO MATTER HOW HOT YOU ARE! You will NOT get cooled off....you will get DRENCHED like a mutha!

Top Thrill Dragster....look left you can see it launching

Pimpin it in the front car with our hands up!!Goin so fast gnats were hittin our face!

On the Skyline....we had many plans for this ride once it got dark but it got closed down...haha

No comments: