Thursday, August 31, 2006

Lake Maxinkuckee

Well, since I have been stuck getting my room ready the past several weeks. I decided it was time for me to have a break. One of the last sunny weekends we have had (when is the rain going to stop anyway?) me, my dad, brother, and Jonathan headed up to Lake Maxinkuckee to do some boating. Rich Schwartz has one bad ass cottage up there on the lake with the prettiest boat I think I have ever seen! It is one of the speed boats that you can fill the back up with water to create a surf wave behind it. Yes! You can actually surf on a surfboard behind it. We stuck to some skiing and jet skiing though. Jonathan did some fancy wakeboard which was fun to watch. (Wish I knew how to do it) I attempted several times to get up on one ski but just can't do it! So frustrating! We cruised over to check out Culver from the jetskis, and Jonathan showed me all the buildings he remembered and where he lived. It looks more like a fun summer camp than a punishment to get sent there to me! Then we decided it would be fun to launch the jet ski's over the wake from the back of the boat. I hit the wake wrong a few times, and boy did I wipe out! It was fun though, but I had some pretty big bruises to show for it! Wish it would get nice so we could go up again before the summer is over!

No comments: