Monday, February 13, 2006

A half a decade later....


First I must apologize for neglecting to post this earlier. Blake and I mutually decided to go our separate ways about a week ago. It was the night before Jansen's passing so, obviously I had a lot of other things on my mind since then.

Blake joined the Air Force in December, and since then our relationship started to weaken. I wasn't wanting to pursue another long-distance relationship. I found it hard to be optimistic about everything, and imagine him being all over the country for the next several years. It is sad to see such a long relationship end this way, but probably is for the best.

So far, I have been happy with this decision. Many of you know Blake and I have been off and on again for the past five years. With the other break-ups I always had mixed emotions, but for once I think we made the right decision this time. I feel confident that we can begin to build a strong friendship before he leaves.

I am definitely enjoying the independence, I have no one to worry about but myself, and the "sky is the limit" so to speak.

No comments: