Monday, February 06, 2006

Post-Graduation

Bye bye Boilers! Yes, finally three majors later I graduated from Purdue with an elementary education degree. I can't wait to get into my own classroom and begin teaching and touching young lives. I think I have finally found something I can excel in and be good at. After graduation, I got a temporary job in the school that I was student teaching in. I was filling in for a teacher's aide that was out for surgery. I was in a third/fourth grade classroom in the mornings and then back in my fourth/fifth split in the afternoons. I was very lucky because I got to stay longer in the classroom where I did my student teaching. I have grown so close to the kids and I was happy to be with them longer. PLUS I was getting paid finally! I recently finished that job on the 24th of January. And currently I am job searching in some surrounding areas. I really don't know where I will end up teaching for now I am just trying to get several options going.

No comments: